Changing Status

A non-degree student in good academic standing (2.0 NMSU GPA or above) may apply for a change of status by completing a change of status application and meeting the requirements for regular degree admission status. Non-degree students may not apply more than 30 credits earned under the non-degree status to any NMSU undergraduate degree program.

All documents required for the change of status must be in the Admissions and Records Office by the dates posted in the current semester schedule. All documentation received after the deadline will be processed the next semester.

Any transfer student who has less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average from previous college(s) and/or vocational schools must submit a letter of appeal to the Admissions Appeal Board for a change of status to degree-seeking.

For more information please contact the Admissions Office by phone at 575.439.3600 or email Admissions Department.