GI Bill Chapter Descriptions

The Dependents'Educational Assistance (DEA) program offers education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of Veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or of Veterans who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition. To learn more please visit the VA website.
The MGIB-AD program-sometimes known as Chapter 30-provides education benefits to Veterans and Service members who have at least two years of active duty. To learn more please visit the VA website.
The MGIB-SR program provides education and training benefits to eligible members of the Selected Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Cost Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, and the Air National GuardEligibility for this program is determined by the Selected Reserve components and VA makes the payments. To learn more please visit the VA website.
If you have at least 90 days of aggregate, active duty service after September 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days, you may be eligible for this VA-administered program. Visit the VA website for more information. 
Transferring Benefits
The transferability option under the Post-9/11 GI Bill allows Service members to transfer all or some unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children. The Department of Defense (DoD) determines whether or not you can transfer benefits to your family. Once the DoD approves benefits for transfer, the new beneficiaries apply for them at VA.
Basic Housing Allowance
Your Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) is generally the same as the military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for an E-5 with dependents. Your MAH is based on the Zip Code for your school. MHA rate increases based on BAH increases are effective August 1 (the beginning date of the academic year). 
Note: Attending classes at 1/2 our less is not payable
Books/Supplies Stipend 
A yearly books and supplies stipend of up to 1000,00 paid proportionately based on enrollment. 
Maximum Tuition & Fee Reimbursement per Academic Year 
  • Public School-All tuition & fee payments for an in-state student.
  • Private or Foreign School-Up to $20,235.02 per academic year national maximum.
To see how Post 9/11 will pay out for you please use the Benefits Comparison Tool. Please visit the VA website for more information. 
For Veterans. You may receive vocational rehabilitation and employment services to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching. Other services may be provided to assist Veterans in starting their own businesses or independent living services for those who are severely disabled and unable to work in traditional employment.
To apply for Vocational Rehabilitation benefits online go to How to apply for Veteran Readiness and Employment.

For more information visit the VA website.